The Talon

One Win Away

Back to Article
Back to Article

One Win Away

Students throw up baby powder at the start of the second half of the Pearce game. With a win against Lake Highlands, the football team could land the last playoff spot. Photo by Daphne Lynd

Caeden Sargent

This season comes down to one of the most hyped football games in Richardson’s history tonight at Eagle-Mustang Stadium against rival Lake Highlands.

The matchup is the final game of the regular season has major playoff implications. Both the Eagles and Wildcats will go into this must-win game with records of 3-2 gunning for the final playoff spot.

“We got to win, and there are a few scenarios in which points factor in, but bottom line, we have to win,” Head Coach Greg Pels said. “The team is fired up, and their mindset is just like how it is every week.”

The Wildcats are heavy favorites, and the team and coaching staff said they need every advantage they can get.

“We love you guys [RHS students], y’all come out – we need y’all really bad,” Pels said. “Make Eagle-Mustang a force tonight against the Wildcats. “Y’all did an awesome job all year, but tonight we need everybody, and its going to take every single Eagle to pull this thing off.”