Eagles Fall Against Mustangs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eagles Fall Against Mustangs

Senior Zavier Collins breaks out of the pocket and rushes down the field and shakes a defender from Pearce High School.
Photo by Chad Byrd

Senior Zavier Collins breaks out of the pocket and rushes down the field and shakes a defender from Pearce High School. Photo by Chad Byrd

The Eagles lost last Friday’s rivalry game against Pearce HS 21-7, dropping their record to 0-4. Senior quarterback Zavier Collins threw for 83 yards and one touchdown, and senior running back Dyland Jackson led the rushing attack with 49 yards.

Head Coach Greg Pels said that this was the best performance from the team, and expects the team to keep improving.

“Our offense and defense are always evolving, but I appreciated how the guys fought and clawed throughout the game,” Pels said. “We have improved every week of the season, so we hope to continue that.”

The Eagles will play Jesuit HS this Friday. The Jesuit players are 1-3 so far, but they’re coming off an impressive win against Coppell HS. Pels thinks that the game will be a good challenge for the team.

“Jesuit is a very disciplined and well coached football team,” Pels said. “So we have to go out and execute the entire game. That’s what got us against Pearce, and so we’re focused on that this week.”