First Pep Rally Gives Students a Big Welcome

Senior Raven Robinson uses sharp movements during an Eaglette performance to “Circle of Life” from “The Lion King”. Photo by Brielle Bishop

By Emma Kilgore and Isabel Costian

Deafening screams bounced off of the large gym’s ceiling as the emcees continued the tradition of pointing the ‘spirit stick’ at different grade sections. The jungle-themed pep rally gave students a chance to let out all of their pent-up spirit with their voices.

PepRally_Jungle_Byrd384.jpg
Senior Kalab McAdams takes a rose from senior Odell Carson with her mouth during a passionate dance in the middle of an Eagle Guard skit. Photo by Chad Byrd

“I thought it was awesome,” Principal Charles Bruner said. “I loved the way we continued the spirit yell until everybody’s ears started ringing. That’s always my favorite part.”

PepRally_Jungle_Bishop189.jpg
Senior Legacy members Lauryn Raleigh and Claire McShane sing “Eye of the Tiger” for the jungle-themed pep rally. Photo by Brielle Bishop

This was the first pep rally without freshmen, because of safety concerns about evacuation in case of an emergency. The pep rally changed to be inside this year, instead of on the football field, like last year.

PepRally_Jungle_Byrd412.jpg
Senior Dylan Kort acts as a football player from Jesuit HS as part of an Eagle Guard skit. Photo by Chad Byrd

“It’s kind of sad, but I’m pretty sure the freshmen can still feel how exciting it is even if they’re not in there,” senior Eaglette Estrella Venabidez said.