Weekly Announcements 9/19

Announcements for the Week of Sept 19, 2016

Want to start a club? Remember that you will need an adult employed by RISD to sponsor any club or organization that meets on campus. If/when you are able to secure a sponsor, please see Mr. Westfall in B103. The deadline to begin a new club on campus is September 30th and there is mandatory paperwork involved.

School pictures will be taken of the underclassmen (9-11) on September 20 through the Social Studies classes. Faculty and staff can have their picture taken at any time during the day in the small gym beginning at 7:45 AM.

Are you interested in trying out for the Desperados next year? Desperados will be holding a stunt workshop on October 5th from 4:30 PM-6:30 PM in the Small Gym! This workshop is the perfect opportunity to learn from current Desperados and get ready for tryouts in May. The workshop will be $5 at the door. Those interested in participating will also need to stop by room C109 to pick up a release form from Ms. Flores either before or after school.

The math honor society Mu Alpha Theta applications are outside room C207. If you have completed geometry or algebra 2 with at least an 85 average, you are eligible to apply. Applications are due back to C207 by Friday, September 23 at 4:10 PM/.

Sophomores, juniors & seniors…..you are eligible for FREE SAT Math Prep. Sessions are offered on the W.T. White High School campus the next four Saturday mornings but you MUST register to attend. Information flyers are available in the Counseling Office, B104.

The first French club meeting will take place this Tuesday after school in B105. Come to join us if you want to share French culture, food, and movies. No French is required.

Want to be a part of the Girls Basketball Program? Girls Basketball is currently looking for managers to help support our team for the upcoming season. Please contact Coach Dansby or Coach Conner for more information.

Art and Art History students interested in joining National Art Honor Society please come by C108 on Tuesday during your lunch period to hear about this school year’s events. Please bring the $5.00 dues at that time if you can, thank you!

Come out and support your girls basketball program. Girls BBall first Spirit Night of the year is at Dairy Queen tonight from 4-8pm. Please invite your family and friends out (they must have a flyer). You can pick up a flyer from any of the girls BBall players and/or coaches.

Students who are eligible to apply for National Honor Society will be notified this week through their school email. See Mr. G in A109 if you have any questions.

The Choir department will be selling purple Richardson Eagles sunglasses for $5 each during all 3 lunches this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Mr. Bruner has given permission for students to wear them in the halls this week to support our teams! GO Eagles! Beat Pearce!

RHS has its ARCHITECTURE CLUB back! It’s called R-Studio and the 1st meeting will be this Thursday, September 22nd after school (4:15pm) until 5pm in room C217.It’s open to anyone interested in learning about architecture and design. We expect to design real projects for diverse communities.THINK OF HOW GOOD IT LOOKS TO HAVE “ARCHITECTURE CLUB” IN YOUR RESUME FOR WORK OR COLLEGE!!!

Auditions for this years musical will be next Monday and Wednesday. All the details will be outside the F hall black box theatre as of tomorrow. Also, there will be an audition workshop on Friday either at 8:15 a.m. or 4:15 p.m. This year, we do need students who do not need to sing! We need dancers and stunt people for 1-2 songs. Please check the information outside the black box as of Wednesday!